Rochester Mountain Bike Team is a High School Club Sports Team uniting students from All 3 district high schools in Rochester, Michigan. School Letters are offered at Adams, Rochester and Stoney Creek High Schools for those students racing in our Varsity Program.
Students from Out of District Schools are welcome and encouraged to join us as well. We will work on your behalf with your school's administration to try to attain letter status for you or reward students with a team patch representing your achievements.
Students will train and compete in the Michigan Scholastic Cycling Association (MiSCA) Fall racing series. Students will race for both individual and composite team points throughout the season which will accumulate as overall points. After the final race, these points are calculated and State Champions are awarded.
Students racing in our Varsity Program will be rewarded for effort. We realize that it takes years to build fitness and skills levels on the bike and students racing in both the Junior Varsity and Varsity classes will be eligible. Students will register to race as JV and will be invited to race UP to Varsity by coaches.
"Rewarding Effort, Not Outcome"
Parents and students will meet at our Varsity Kick Off meeting (July 19th) and discuss the requirements outlined below and adjustments can be agreed upon and made accordingly. WE WELCOME AND VALUE STUDENT INPUT!!!
Letter Requirements for 2023
Students searching for a Club Letter MUST treat the race season as any Varsity Sport within their school. The season runs from July 19th thru October 18th.
- All Students will abide by the School District's Code of Conduct.
- Students must join our Varsity racing program by filling out an "Intent to Join" form available from the Head Coach.
- Students must participate in 1 trail maintenance day with the Rochester Mountain Bike Team.
- Must participate in at least 1 community event with the Rochester Mountain Bike Team.
- Must assist MiSCA with race day set up for one local race with the Rochester Mountain Bike Team. Students collectively choose as a group which race to support prior to race season and will volunteer prior to pre-riding the course.
- Success is shared!!! All Racers will partner with and mentor a novice racer from their team. Every racer regardless of class is competing for team points.
- Must participate in at least 4 of the 6 MiSCA races in a season in either Junior Varsity or Varsity category unless waived by Head Coach.
- It is highly recommended that student racers create a Strava training account and link to both the Head Coach, Head Club Coach and Race Coaches during the training/racing season (with parents permission and privacy settings used).
- Note: There is a mandatory attendance rule at Monday and Wednesday practices beginning July 19th through to the State Championships on October 15th. Students must attend practices unless waived by the Head Coach.
- If a student from our club racing team finishes in the top 3 in any category, their eligibility may be upgraded to our Varsity program provided all other training requirements have been met.
- Our focus is "To Build Better Athletes". To us this means that students learn about fitness, health and nutrition as well as learning to race. We want our athletes to have the best possible high school experience and encourage other interests. If you wish to participate in another sport or activity, please speak with our Head Coach so we can work together to ensure that we prepare a training plan for you that keeps you healthy and focused.
Note: A Club Letter in Mountain Biking is not eligible for a gym credit.